Registered Clinical Counsellor certified by British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors.
Master Degree in Counselling Psychology from Adler University, Vancouver, Canada.
Working and living in Downtown Vancouver, BC, on the unceded territory of the Coast Salish People.
Experiences in adult mental health and multicultural counselling: VCH Cross-Cultural Out-Patient Psychiatric Clinic, Canadian Mental Health Association, LGBTQ-inclusive Private Practice at Dragonstone Counselling, and Employee Assistance Program Counsellor at Morneu Shepell.
- Master of Counselling Psychology from Adler University, Vancouver, BC.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from University of Calgary, AB.
- Bachelor of Art in East Asian Studies Majoring in Japanese from University of Calgary, AB
- Graduated from Intensive Japanese Language Program in Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Mike Nichols in Vancouver, BC
- REIKI Level I & II Certification in Victoria, BC.
Daisy takes a holistic, genuine and compassionate stance to providing personal and mental health related support for adults of diverse cultural backgrounds. As a keen believer in the power of energy healing, Daisy brings focus on actualizing mind-body-spirit connection to help clients establish a balanced, grounded, and enlightened state of being. Bilingual in English and Chinese (Mandarin), and fluent in Japanese, Daisy’s multicultural upbringings from living and traveling around the world have granted her profound openness to cultural and individual diversities. Corresponding to her values of social interest and social justice, Daisy is passionate about empowering people in vulnerable situations by bringing awareness to various forms of social oppressions and their longstanding impact. She is experienced and enthusiastic about accompanying individuals, couples, LGBTQ, cultural minorities and immigrants, on their personal healing journey and spiritual growth.
Daisy’s therapeutic approach integrates eclectic frameworks of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, CBT, Emotionally-Focused, Attachment, Feminist, and Adlerian Therapy READ MORE
Areas of focus include:
- Mood Disorders and Emotional Dysregulations (i.e. Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar, Anger Management, Self-Harm, Suicidality…etc.) READ MORE
- Relationship Counselling
- Family counselling
- Exploration of Sexuality, Coming Out
- Multicultural and Cross-cultural concerns
- Immigrant Settlement or Acculturation Challenges
- Trauma READ MORE
- Stress Management
- Life or Career Transitions
- Personal and Spiritual Development
Specialty Practices and Interests:
- Mindfulness, meditation, yoga therapy
- Certified Yoga Teacher
- Certified REIKI level I and II practitioner
- Small group somatic practice & workshops
- Holistic nutrition
- Integrative energy work