The only constancy in life is change. Counselling facilitates clients move past points of stuckness by actualizing your inner strengths and insights, fostering acceptance and meaning out of your difficult experiences, and resume the flow of life following your heart’s deepest calling.
Session fees are in accordance with the recommended fee guidelines set forth by the B.C. Association of Clinical Counsellors. Although not covered under Medical Services Plan of BC, you may be eligible for funding from Extended Health Benefit. Counselling fees are also income tax deductible as medical expenses. Ask CRA or your tax preparation expert for details and conditions. For information regarding insurance coverage please Click Here. To make counselling service accessible to as many people as possible, I also offer sliding fee scale based on your income and for students who need reduced-cost counselling. Please contact me for limited availabilities. Bilingual services available in English and Mandarin Chinese. Japanese may also be possible upon consultation.
New clients are required to book the “First Session for New Client” option on the booking site. This initial meeting will offer a comprehensive intake over your current situation and past experiences in order to form a conceptualization of the long-term treatment plan. For counselling session details please refer to the Individual Session below.
Individual counselling sessions are dedicated to building a secure relationship with you that can foster a wide scope of personal growth in areas pertinent to your career, school, relationships, family and social life, self-discovery, self-esteem, and mental health. I am here to support you reaching your goals through sharing my knowledge and a variety of therapeutic tools that you can take away to use in your daily live after practicing together in session. More important, I am here as someone who genuinely care about helping you to feel at your best and to live life meaningfully by enhancing your insight for how your emotions, thoughts and beliefs, behaviors, physical sensations, and external stimuli all work together to create the very experience you are having moment by moment. With you trust, courage, and engagement in therapy, significant movement can be expected generally within the first ten sessions.
Areas of My Focus:
- Mood Disorders and Dysregulations (i.e. Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar, Anger Management, Self-Harm, Suicidality…etc.) READ MORE
- Relationship Counselling
- Family counselling
- Exploration of Sexuality, Coming Out
- Multicultural and Cross-cultural concerns
- Immigrant Settlement or Acculturation Challenges
- Trauma READ MORE
- Stress Management
- Life or Career Transitions
- Personal and Spiritual Development
Being in an intimate relationship is a vital piece of human existence, which for many, provides essential social interactions and defines the basic context of everyday life. Like the ebb and flow of ocean tides, relationship goes through its natural course of ups and downs on top of facing a myriad of continuous life challenges. Given the important role that relationship satisfaction plays in our overall sense of wellbeing and daily functioning, the negative impact from perpetual relationship conflict shall not be overlooked. Couples counselling is designed for partners who are ready to work on transforming their relationship instability, suffering and conflict into trusting, harmonious and soul-nourishing bonding.
- A few examples of what issues couples bring to counselling are:
- Lack of intimacy or excitement
- Dissatisfying sex life
- Power imbalance
- Emotional or Physical Abuse
- Work/Study-Life Balance
- Long-Distance Relationship
- Negotiating disagreements regarding: Financial Concerns, Time Management and Role Division at home, Childrearing Styles, Differences in Personal and Life Goals, Adjusting to new culture or place…etc.
- New Marriage or Starting a Family
- Divorce consultation or Dealing with the aftermath of Divorce
- My areas of specialty also include:
- Cross-Cultural Couples
My primary approach for relationship counselling is Emotionally Focused Therapy (Read More Here), which focuses on developing secure attachment bonds as a means to alleviate distress in couples. Couples sessions are 70 minutes long. In our first session together, I will meet both of you together to get a good understanding of what has brought you here, and ask you to provide a brief history of your relationship alongside a bit of your own personal history. Next, I will have an individual session with each of you to gather personal perspective on goals for therapy and any issues that didn’t get brought up in the initial session. From here, I will then bring both of you back in to decide on goals and facilitate you to achieve them in a safe, respectful, and supportive space.
- My areas of specialty also include:
- Immigrant, Cross-Cultural or Mixed family
- Family going through separation
- LGBTQ family or Coming out
My primary approach for family counselling is Emotionally Focused Therapy (Read More Here), which focuses on developing secure attachment bonds as a means to alleviate distress in families. Family sessions are 90 minutes long. In our first session together, I will meet all of you together to get a good understanding of what has brought you here, and ask you to provide a brief history of your family relationship alongside a bit of each member’s own personal history. Next, I will have an individual session with each of you to gather personal perspective on goals for therapy and any issues that didn’t get brought up in the initial session. From here, I will then bring all of you back in to decide on goals and facilitate you to achieve them in a safe, respectful, and supportive space, in which everyone who comes in is encouraged to have their voice heard and to share their feelings.
- Holistic healing session integrates applications of REIKI, energy work, aromatherapy, and mindfulness practices to help replenish your body and soul to its deserving state of peace, balance, and bliss. For optimal results, this session is recommended after one individual session to have your needs and areas of concern well understood in order to tailor treatment.
- Reiki is a powerful doorway to natural healing by applying gentle touch to cleanse energy blockages out of the body system, and attune it to the ever-increasing joyful, loving, and abundant life force we were granted at birth. Read more about holistic healing practices here
Cancellation, Payment and Insurance Coverage
In the event of cancellation or rescheduling, a notice is required at least 48-hour before the original appointment time to avoid the late-cancellation and no-show fee which are equivalent to the full session fee.
Session fees (Please see Service Options) are due at the time of service delivery. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, email-transfer EMT, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
Many insurance companies offer coverage for counselling services. Please check your insurance policy about potential coverage for services with BCACC Registered Clinical Counsellor. A receipt will be provided after each payment for your insurance reimbursement. With the exceptions on ICBC claimant and Victim Service clients, you are solely responsible to seek reimbursement from your insurer unless a third party has taken responsibility for payment.